Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Nutrisystem

Nutrisystem is, if at all possible, even more simple than Weight Watchers.

28 days of 4 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Supper, Snack) plus a protein shake are delivered to your door every month on a day of your choosing. You are to supplement the pre-packaged meals (which are colour-coded!!!) with fruit, vegetables and dairy. They give you a list of options to take shopping.

The shipment comes with a planner for the month that tracks which of the available options you eat, including all of the pre-packaged options, and the items on the grocery list.

All you have to do, literally, is eat 1 package of each colour, add some fruit, vegetables, and dairy, and you're good. Weight Loss Guaranteed.

Right. The only reason I can think of that I haven't been able to lose weight on this diet is that I don't really like any of the options they have for lunch, and so I end up buying my lunch every day, and I tend to make REALLY bad decisions when I do that.

Also, after 5 months of the food, I am kind of sick of all of it, really.

At any rate, this is what the tracker looks like:

In addition to the food, which really has been designed so that if you eat per their guidelines, the calorie intake is low enough to guarantee weight loss, they recommend three 10-minute long activities, and give you two two-week plans to allow for those activities.

The more I think about how easy these programs make it to lose weight, the less successful I feel.

No comments: